<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

My cell phone went through the washing machine. 

It was in my jacket, buttoned up in a pocket.

Regular cycle, cold wash, Hurricane concentrate.

Then it sat on the washing line for a day or two, in the breeze.

Meanwhile, I was hunting high and low.

I'll be truthful. I had a quick look around my desk, lifted a few papers, moved a few books, couldn't see it, made a mental note to watch out for it, forgot about it.

Woke and sat bolt upright at 3.30 yesterday morning, went straight to my jacket, retrieved my cellphone.

Water was swishing in the screen.

You know what I'm confused about? Not that I forgot where it was. Not that I put it through the washer.

I can't think why I suddenly knew, in the middle of the night, while I was fast asleep, exactly where I had left my cell phone.

In the morning, I slid the back and front covers off, slid out the battery and the SIM card, and laid them all out carefully on my desk.

I don't think it's going to work.



is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?