<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The radio woke me up. 

I was still half asleep this morning when I heard someone on the radio (why did it come on? I don't remember setting it) say that it is fifty years since someone ran a four minute mile.

World 'records' are only the recorded ones. Like someone happened to have had a watch near the finish.

Who's to say some guy hasn't run faster on his own, some time in history, being chased by a lion across a flat plain?

And what's with swimming? You hear about a new world swimming record every other day. What about some poor guy swimming out of a river to get away from an alligator in like 1281 or 10AD or 5000BC or something?

I tried to go back to sleep and eventually started dreaming about an alligator with a stopwatch around his neck marching in the Athens opening ceremony.





is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?