<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Songs of the 1990s #6. 

The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite
R.E.M.
From Automatic for the People, 1993

What can I say about this song? Don't know. It sends a shiver down my spine every time I hear it.

What's it all about? Don't know. Someone tell me.

Could have picked any number of R.E.M. songs. R.E.M. is one of those 'love them or hate them' bands, but I don't buy into all that shit, I judge music on its merits and R.E.M.'s music was very, very, very good.

This here is the place I will be staying.
There isn't a number. You can call the pay phone.
Let it ring a long, long, long, long time.
If I don't pick up, hang up, call back, let it ring some more.
If I don't pick up, pick up... The sidewinder sleeps, sleeps, sleeps in a coil

Call me when you try to wake her up. Call me when you try to wake her.
Call me when you try to wake her up. Call me when you try to wake her.
Call me when you try to wake her up. Call me when you try to wake her.

There are scratches all around the coin slot
Like a heartbeat, baby trying to wake up,
But this machine can only swallow money.
You can't lay a patch by computer design.
It's just a lot of stupid, stupid signs.


is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?