<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 19, 2004

The north wind. 

The north wind does things to me.

On a summer day, a northerly stimulates and excites me. I don't know why but I feel more alive when a northerly is blowing.

I believe sprites and imps from the dead centre ride the north wind and cause the excitement and sometimes, trouble. Occasionally, a northerly will throw dirt in your face and fill your pockets with red sand. Then it will make you sweat and the dirt will streak on your face. If there's a bushfire somewhere, it will blow burned gum leaves hundreds of miles and dump them on your doorstep.

But it is not summer now. And the northerly blew at night. It soughed and sighed and blew and ranted and banged and then sighed again.

So the imps and sprites kept waking me.

I was in and out of slumber all night with all manner of fractured dreams. I can't remember them right now because of the interrupting, shrieking sprites.

In the morning, the wind was gone but the clothes on the washing line in the back yard were bone dry. That rarely happens in winter.

Good clothes-drying sprites!





is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?