<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Epiphany. 

So I was out walking with a friend of mine who was telling me about her trek in Nepal.

She told me, only half jokingly, that she was hoping for an epiphany as she trekked through the mountains to tell her what she should do with her life. (Thirty-something, lawyer, partnerless, childless. Beautiful woman, but she just hasn't gotten around to having a life yet. It's a common story.)

Hmmm. You don't need to go to Nepal to have an epiphany, in fact you probably won't get one even if you do, as demonstrated by my friend's ephiphany-free trek.

I had my epiphany closer to home, just this weekend in fact, in the back seat of my car.

I was vacuuming dog hair; and after forty-five minutes vacuuming, when I had eliminated probably 3,545,000 dog hairs, leaving a further probably 657,500 still there (jobs like this are totally not worth doing unless you do them properly, so you have to keep going until you have removed EVERY LAST doghair, because even if ONE is left, the car still looks unclean and that one dog hair stands out like a pimple on your chin).

So as I was vacuuming up the final 657,500 dog hairs, I thought to myself NOBODY wants to do this job because it is VILE. And then I thought, if nobody wants to do it, they would pay a lot of money to have someone do it for them.

EPIPHANY! LIGHT GLOBES! CAREER CHANGE!

Joe Bloggs will vacuum your car of dog hairs. $150 a time. Large SUVs extra.




Terms and conditions: You have to be in Australia.




is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?