<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Mrs Snaith's bakelite radio. 

All right, I've done the best piano intro, the most beautiful song of all time, my top ten of the nineties, yadda yadda yadda, you could say I'm obsessed with music. And you'd be right.

It could be something to do with one of my earliest memories, lying in a bed at age 2 or 3 or 4 or whatever age it is that people have their first memories from. I don't know.

So I'm lying there in the bed thinking three-year-old thoughts, and I hear through the open window some music coming from next door. An old lady lived there - Mrs Snaith - and she used to have her old electric AM radio playing classical music all day, just nice and soft. And those soft piano notes floated out of her window and sighed into mine.

On some sunny afternoon, many years ago, in the peace and quiet of a suburban street in Melbourne, Australia. I guess I was meant to taking a nap.

Thanks, Mrs Snaith.





is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?