<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

... and it's goodnight from him. 

Don Adams last week, Ronnie Barker this week.

They're all going. The genuinely funny people who WERE television in the 1960s.

Comic genius, master of timing.

He wanted to be remembered as 'one of the funniest men people have seen on TV.'

Indeed he was. I know I laughed.

Is it just the mists of time playing with my memory, or was the quality of broadcasting superior in its earlier days? Does anyone really prefer today's reality TV, tawdry and insulting in its tone and subject matter? Or those panel shows that reveal the seamy side of human existence, allowing viewers to revel in a kind of vicarious open-mouthed awe at how truly dreadful life can be, if you let it?

I think I know the answer.

Get smart. Turn off your television. Even better, throw it out in the next hard rubbish collection.












is it time for a nap yet? i think so

Comments:
you wouldnt believe the flak (yes flak!) i got from people from turning off my cable subscription. bah
 
Both exceptional comic actors!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?